Friday, February 10, 2012

Florida, Sweet Florida

I'm back!

I have to say that Nashville was a great success. Sometimes, when I am at school or around people, and I'm talking about BEEF, I feel like I'm alone. This feeling leaves as soon as I jump online, of course, or if someone is with me and supporting the cause as well. I'm never ashamed, I just sometimes feel like I am the only one who cares. However, one of the best things about these conventions is that there are so many people who agree with what you are doing. Not only do they agree with you, they support you! Our conventions are like revivals. Once you leave, you are so pumped up and reminded why you do what you do!

The JFCA officer team ladies competed in the prepared speaking, and we also had a team for the quiz bowl and team marketing competitions. I am so proud of all of those who competed, and I know that the judges all had a really tough time making decisions. Our girls in prepared speaking all placed well, and we got 2nd in quiz bowl, while taking 1st in Team Marketing, for the third year in a row!

I loved Nashville, and it was a lot of fun getting to go around the downtown scene. My dad and I are both shocked that we didn't come home with record deals, but according to dad's Facebook update, "Leaving Nashville without a recording contract. This town wouldn't know talent if it kicked them in the face. LOL!" Well said, dad. We did get to take in a show at the Ryman (at the Opry, it's a previous location). It was actually a farewell for the building, as the stage floor was set to be replaced, and so it was a last performance. Keith Urban did an amazing job, but I have to say that I met some of the coolest people sitting beside and around us! I encouraged one gentlemen, a farmer from Kentucky who is a member of his Cattleman's Association, to become more involved! It was a fantastic evening.

It is hard to come home and sit through classes after networking and all that excitement, but I am trying to get through it! I am happy to be back in Florida, and I have realized that I really don't have a desire to live anywhere else. Even though our weather can be somewhat unpredictable, and the humidity can drive a frizzy-haired girl insane, it's where I want to live and raise my kids. It's where I want to farm and have pastures full of cow-calf pairs, and all that other stuff that comes along with it! Thanks for following, and have a safe and happy weekend!

The Beef Queen

There will be pictures to come, having some difficulty uploading.

No comments:

Post a Comment